Hey there! I got the amazing opportunity to travel a while back to Paris with my mom and some friends. I was able to stay 2 1/2 weeks there and it was absolutely the trip of a lifetime! With 2 1/2 weeks in Paris, I got to experience a ton of Paris. So, today I am going to share with you the best 15 things to do on your Paris trip!
1. Arc De Triomphe – This seriously is my favorite monument in all of Paris. The Eiffel Tower is great and all, but I really, really loved the Arc. You can see the whole city from the top! The stairs are kinda steep, so take your time – It’s a long way up!
2. Eiffel Tower – One of the most famous Paris monuments, the Eiffel Tower is a must! I recommend going just before sunset, so you can see all the beautiful colors overtop the beautiful city 🙂
3. Fat Bike Tours – Personally my favorite tours I took on the whole trip – you get several different options of places to see in Paris. We started of with the basic around Paris tour, and it was awesome! We then booked Monet’s Gardens and Palace of Versailles. They both were even more amazing and I would have done all of their other tours if our schedule had allowed it!
4. Ponts De Arts – My favorite bridge in all of Paris! This bridge is famous for all of the love locks on it. It seriously is filled with love locks! Unfortunately, the bridge collapsed under the weight of the locks (mine included). But I think they are rebuilding it. If you think I’m kidding when I say FULL of locks, I’m not! Just look:
Look at all those!!
5. Le Foodist – Learn about French food and culture, by cooking it! This was in my top five for favorite things do do in Paris. The food was delicious! I learned how to make Salmon Tartar, Coq-au-van, and Peach Melba! It was to die for! If this list was best places to learn about the culture in Paris, this would be number 1!
YUM! This is the Salmon Tartar.
6. Laudree – a delicious restaurant, famous for their delectable macaroons! I would totally recommend this – but be careful, the food is amazing, but the service was really bad. They didn’t come to ask to take our order for 45 minutes. They were rude when we asked to order and just overall bad service. But the food was great! I would actually just recommend walking in and getting pastries, that way you don’t have to sit down like us.
7. Maille – the BEST mustard in the whole wide world is right here! I am looking at my Paris map right now, and I am so confused as to why I put this below Laduree… So switch these 2 up! Maille is so amazing! You can buy crocs and glasses of tons of varieties of mustard! Yum Yum Yum! Seriously, if you don’t go here, you haven’t experienced Paris to the full!
8. Bateaux-Mouches – This boat takes you down the Seine River and it was absolutely breathtaking! We got on right before a new hour, I think 10pm, and the Eiffel Tower started to twinkle and flash it’s lights like it does every night at the new hour. It was amazing! Super cool ride 🙂
9. The Louvre – I love the Louvre, but it’s not my favorite thing to do in Paris. It’s really interesting, but it is really crowded, and people can get super aggressive! There is a underground mall near the Louvre that has an entrance into the museum – use this! The wait time for the main entrance was over 2 hours, and when we went through the mall one, it was 10 minutes! And all that was, was waiting to get a 3Ds that was supposed to help guide us, but didn’t. So don’t pay extra to get that. But, it is still a great museum!
Also, here is my diagram for how to get in and out of taking pictures of Mona Lisa in under 10 minutes!
Walk down the hallway, to the very front, then shimmy your way into the middle. Take your picture and leave! Seriously! It took me 8 minutes to get in and out with about 50 pictures of me, my mom, and Mona Lisa!
10. Crepes! The crepes here are amazing! My favorite crepe place in Paris was, in the 15th em. near Rue du Commerse. When you looked straight forward you could see a McDonalds, it was also near a Saturday Farmers Market, under a Metro. If you ask the people at Fat Bike Tours, they will show you where it is – their office is right near it. Be sure NOT to go to the one on the same side of the street as McDonalds – they are rude and refused to serve us. 🙁 Lemon is my favorite!
11. Notre Dame – A beautiful church! I love the design, but in all honesty, was not my favorite. It is still a must-see and is a gorgeous building, but it was really hard to get into the church.
12. Berthillion – The best place in town to satisfy your sorbet needs! Yummy ice cream right next to Notre Dame! Definitely a must-do!
13. Farmer’s Markets – Love the farmer’s markets that go on in Paris, each of them in unique and awesome! We got a ton of our food from here, clothing, everything! I would definitely recommend going to several of them 🙂
14. Monet’s Garden – Although, technically not in Paris, it still is really fun to visit. His house is amazing, and his garden was absolutely gorgeous! This would have been one of my top five of things to do in all of France.
15. Palace of Versailles – Such an amazing city, full of history! It was really cool to learn about Marie Antoinette and the King! I loved the Hall of Mirrors and the gardens are super awesome!
I know! I said 15, but I love you guys so here’s extra. 🙂
16. G20 -The best place, other than Farmers Markets, to get food! I love their yogurt containers too 🙂 A must-go to!
17. Rollerskating on Fridays – In Paris, every Friday is Rollerskating around the city! It is super fun, and I had a good time with it 🙂
Paris truly is an amazing city! Hope you like these! Be sure to comment and to follow my blog! 🙂