Okay, so you are planning a trip to Alaska and you are wondering what are awesome things to do in the biggest state in the US. Then you have come to the right place! I got the amazing opportunity to travel with my family in Alaska for 5 1/2 weeks, and while we were in Alaska we visited tons of awesome sights, excursions, and saw lots of wildlife! I have compiled a list of all my favorite things we did in Alaska and came up with this amazing list!
MORE AFTER THE JUMP
First things first – Alaska is GINORMOUS! There is no way you can see everything in Alaska in just now week – it’s impossible! But with this guide you will be able to find amazing excursions, the best places to see wildlife, (etc.) to do on your awesome trip!
1. Denali – Be sure to check out both the Mountain and the Park! You can see wild moose, bears, caribou and much more!!
2. Fishing – I did mine in Homer but there are fishing excursions all over Alaska! It can really be a fun trip to do in Alaska – but make sure to check the weather before scheduling! You won’t want to be fishing in a storm!
3. Flattop Mountain – A must do for the adventurer, this mountain in Anchorage is so much fun to climb, and when you get to the top the view is breathtaking!
4. The Tony Knowles Coastal Trail – A 12 mile costal trail in Anchorage, this trail is amazing!! You are see tons of wildlife while biking or walking across this beautiful land!
6. Totem Bright State Historical Park in Ketchikan – This park is so amazing!! You get to look and learn about all the history behind the Alaska totem poles that are in the park. The stories behind them are amazing!
7. See the Alaskan sunset & Aurora Borealis – This is free! The sunsets in Alaska are absolutely drop dead gorgeous! You won’t want to miss out on the sunset or the Aurora Borealis!
8. Zip-line in Skagway – A must do if you are in Skagway! It’s a beautiful way to see nature while having some fun mixed in there!
9. Visit the Glaciers in Glacier Bay – These glaciers are absolutely breathtaking – some of them are melting (some are growing bigger and bigger!) so be sure to see those ones before they recede too much!
10. Alaskan Cruise – If you are thinking that you want to take something other than a car or a plane up to Alaska – this is the way to go! With 3 stops in Ketchikan, Skagway and Juneau, the Alaskan Cruise was probably my favorite thing we did on my whole 6 week trip!!
And 11. The Husky Homestead – this one is amazing!! If I could recommend one excursion to do in Denali it would be this one – super fun and informative and you get to hold puppies!!!
Look at these munchkins!
I hope you will love Alaska as much as I did – it truly is a place of adventure and fun!! Be sure to comment and tell me what your favorite thing on the list is 🙂
SUBSCRIBE TO HOMESCHOOLAPALOOZA
Did you enjoy this post? Then stick around and subscribe to my latest posts and updates. The follow button is at the top of my sidebar! Don’t worry – I hate spam, too.
HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD?
Please share it in the comments below. I always love hearing feedback from you – so go ahead! Tell me what you are thinking